Monday, October 6, 2008

Made it out to Cali!!

So I'm here... I got to the airport at 3:45am and left Grand Rapids at 5:35am. I didn't think there would be anyone else on my flight except for one girl who is from Rockford that I had talked to on facebook but there ended up to be 6 of us from Grand Rapids area which was really cool. So we all hung out in the airport in Houston together before flying out to Sacramento. The second flight seemed really long but the view out the window was amazing... also seeing the sunrise while you are above the clouds is incredible!! Too bad my bag was no where near me so I could take pictures :D

Anyways... I got to Sacramento and we as a group of like 9 of us went to the baggage claim and of course my second bag was like the last one off and when I looked at it more carefully it looked a little different so i looked at the name and it wasn't mine.... well my bag never came. So we ended up calling the number on that bag that looked exactly like mine and it was some lady who had taken my bag. But thankfully she was still around the airport so that she could bring it back and get the correct bag and I could get mine. It wouldn't have been that big of a deal except for it was the bag that has ALL my clothes in it. LOL

So after we got shuttled over to campus we started our in processing... which included getting our Photo Id, room keys, Uniform fitting, getting Uniforms, and turning in some forms. It took quite a bit of time but afterwards a couple of people that i met we all went to the base exchange and bought a few things and just kinda looked around. Afterwards we had dinner that was catered in at 5:30pm and will have a floor meeting at 7:30pm.

I just want to say thanks for all the prayers from everyone and I am truly blessed to know each and everyone of you guys!! LOve you all and Miss ya Already!

No comments: