Lets see... where did I leave off.... OH yeah I'm leaving for Texas in a week!!! :D I'm super pumped! I don't really have any information on it... that should come this week so stayed tuned! All I know is that we leave on Nov. 1 and it will take us three days to get to Austin because we can only drive either ten hours or 550miles a day which ever comes first. Anyways... what have I been up to....
Friday we had American Red Cross Disaster Services training for 4 hours which was kinda boring but that's alright we need to get trained... we have the second part to the training on Tuesday. We had another smaller training that afternoon about how to put together our project portfolios when we get towards the end of our projects. So now we know now to do that. Friday night I went with about 60people to a Corn Maze it was really sweet... I guess it was the 2007 Guinness World Records biggest corn maze so that was sweet... we were really good at it though cause we got to the end in about 45mins without looking at the map that they gave us. But we turned around and went back in because we had another hour to kill so it was fun. I got to scare some people which was fun for me :D hehehe
Saturday we had a community meeting and then we had Make A Difference DAy and all 300 corps members went out to local school gardens and either built flower beds or weeded or cleared them out. My team worked with one other team and we cleared a ton of grass out of this small garden... at one point we cleared so much grass that we found another flower bed that they didn't even know they had. We topped it all off with a bunch of mulch and it looked great afterwards. I was so dirty afterwards though. lol I took my boots off and there was a dirt line where my socks where. It was a great day though!
Then today I did some ISP (Individual Service Project) hours. We have to get 80hours by the end of our ten months and even though that doesn't sound like that many... since we will be working 11hours a day 6 days a week on our first project, I have to get as many ISP hours in before we leave. So I got 6hours done today and on Halloween i'll probably get another 3hours done. But anyways I planted trees for the Sacramento Tree Foundation. It was alot of fun, I'm pretty sore and tired though but we got a free lunch provided by Macy's and I got two free t-shirts :D Got to love the free t-shirts!!
Thats about it for today... Tomorrow is PT at 5:30am and about three different training sessions. Only 3 more days of trainings, another day long project, and then Induction is Friday and packing for TEXAS!!! AHHH!! I can't believe we are almost leaving for our first project! So Excited!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment