So lets start with Thursday... I had Diversity training in which we learned how to deal with the fact that everyone comes from different backgrounds and we learned some techniques to help when we are discussing issues that we all don't agree on. That technique would be called YES-AND. So basically if you are talking to someone and you want to add something to it or don't totally agree instead of saying BUT.... which would be totally disregarded what the person said you would say "yes, I see what you are saying. And.... " So that should come in handy with when we are dealing with issues that not everyone agrees on. We also learned about the Funnel Theory which was a little confusing to me but basically it is you take all the stuff in your past and use that to decide on different things. Kinda confusing but hopefully that makes sense.
Friday - We did one-on-ones with our Team Leader and all of the other people on my team. What was a good experience learning what led people to come here and their background and what they have gone though in their life. Then at 5pm we had our Physicals which is just like a basic sports physical and a urinalysis which took longer then we excepted cause our team was in charge of cooking for 4 or 5 different teams and our Team Leader ended up pretty much cooking everything which I felt bad about but there was nothing we could do about it. Then we had to clean up the dishes and we had duty last night. So around 7:45pm we met we had to check all the vans make sure they were locked up and then go do rounds on one of the buildings which I was in charge of going around the outside of the building to make sure no one was hiding in the bushes doing anything shady. Then i finally got to go to bed... that was a long day!!
This morning was the start of PT (Physical Training) for me. So I set my alarm for 4:45am and got out of bed around 5am so that I could get ready and Muster (Meet my Team) at 5:25am.... We had orientation so learned how to do some different exercises and then went out and had baseline which was doing as many push-ups for 2mins as you could and as many sit-ups as you could in two mins. Then that was followed up by a mile and half run! I did 15push-ups and 40sit-ups.... I guess i got some work to do. And then my mile and half was 16:32... so I have lots of room to improve :D After PT I took a shower got breakfast and then it was off to have drivers training... I'm going to be one of the drivers for my team so we had to go out and drive around in our huge 15 passenger vans which was lots of fun! I Passed so thats all that matters... i only hit one curb when I was turning in a mall parking lot :D hehehe So now I'm just chillin in my room till 5pm and our whole team is going to go out to dinner which should be fun!
Tomorrow my team leaves for Camp Medocino which is a camp about 4hours away that is located in the red wood forest which i'm super pumped about!! I guess the cabins we will be staying in are called open air cabins so like they have walls that only go up about 3-4feet and then there is a roof and in between is like fabric.... And apparently it gets really cold during the night so thye kept telling us that is WILL be cold! lol But I'm super excited for this adventure, plus getting to know my team better cause we will be stuck in a van for 4 hours with each other. So I'll post some pictures of that when I get back on Tuesday or Wednesday! But thats all for now!! Peace!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment