Sunday, December 21, 2008

I'M HOME!!

So after spending 8 hours (4 because shuttles to the airport were messed up, and 4 because my flight was delayed) in the Sacramento Airport, thus causing me to miss my next flight even though I was suppose to stay on the same plane and have it continue to Grand Rapids. Well apparently they got another airplane and left before mine landed in Minnesota. So after some tears were shed realizing I had no idea what to do now and no flights were leaving Minnesota until the next morning I just wandered around the airport looking for a place to chill. I then got a hold of my teammate Merilee who got into the airport around midnight and she is amazing let me just put that out there! She stuck around with me while I stood in line to be put on Standby for the first flight out of Minnesota for Grand Rapids which was 7am today and also got re booked on the next open flight which was the 22nd at 5pm. I stayed the night - all three hours of it at merilee's grandpas house (Thanks again Merilee your awesome) and then she drove me back to the airport at 5am. I stood in a huge line all the while checking my watch to make sure i would make it to the gate in time. After getting my boarding pass I quickly ran to the security check area and low and behold I was choosen for a random security check GREAT!! So after getting all my stuff checked individually and patted down I was ready to go... I headed over to the gate and got there at about 6:25am. After getting nervous about not making the airplane they finally called my name for the standby list and I was one of the last people to make it on!! So for the first time flying actually by myself I think I learned alot!! :D NEVER FLY IN SNOW STORMS!!

Now for our trip back to Sactown from Texas cause that is a good story too!! :) So my team was fortunate enough to be able to drive two 15 passanger vans back to Sac which was amazing!! most the time we had a whole bench to ourselves and if not only had to share it with one other person! We stopped in Stockton, TX the first night, Globe AZ the second and this is where the ride gets intereresting cause we were suppose to stop in Barstow, CA for the third night but because it was SNOWING in CA they ended up shutting down the highways we needed to get on. So after stopping at an exit and driving around in flash floods trying to find a gas station at this exit somewhere by Palm Springs we discovered that my Team member Molly's dad lives just north of Los Angelos. So we got it approved from Mike Coleman (our unit leader) and headed to Molly's dad's place. Let me tell you it is interesting and kinda fun if i may say so myself driving a 15 passanger van through LA traffic :D I had fun driving through the traffic and really wasn't as nervous as I thought I would be but it all turned out. We made it to Molly's dad's place which may I say was a fun experience. He lives in a third of a house right on the ocean in Oxnard, CA (for those of you who want look where thats at) we had sleeping bags covering the floor of the house and it was ultimatly a growing experience for our team! The next morning we went out on the beach and some of us (Amy) played in the ocean the rest just took some crazy pictures and ran around! We finished our treck and made it back before all the rest of the teams cause they all got stuck in the SNOW! Oh and drivng up the coast on PCH (Pacific Coast Highway) is a beautiful drive!!

Thursday we had our debriefing that went really well and tied up a few other tale ends. We exchanged Free or Found gifts... and talked about our briefing when we come back from break. I packed up my stuff to head back home, had a one on one with Team leader Tara and then we went out to dinner as a team! All in all I've had an eventful week and I'm glad to be home!!
MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL AND ALL A GOOD NIGHT!!!

No comments: