Thursday, December 11, 2008

Almost Done!

So It's been a while so since it is my day off I decided it would be a good idea to blog a little. Not much new has happened but there has been a few new things. Lately we have been going down lists at work of P2 (app has located Resource) and we need to go into their file and find out what that resource is. A lot of them say Family/Friend, DD (Damaged Dwelling) and RR (Rental Resource) or a new Apartment. So we just write down what the resources is BUT if it says "App has located Resource" We have to call them and find out exactly what that resource is. So that's what is new at work. Most people have been taking incoming calls but me myself still haven't taken an incoming call even though I've got in trouble the other day for not. But really we only have what a day and half left of work do I really need to take an incoming call?? We will see... Most of the calls are just transferred to another person in PPI of they want to know the status of their Mobile Home but we end up having to transfer those calls also so I really don't know why I'm so scared to take an incoming call but we will see how it goes.

Some New News is we will be finding out our next project TOMORROW!! WOOT WOOT!! I'm super excited and everyone on my team is! So I'll have to make sure I blog about that after we find out. Also we found out yesterday at our team meeting that our team is a lucky team in which we get to take TWO 15 passenger vans back to Sacramento... you ask why? Well I guess when the AmeriCorps Campus in Iowa opened they were short a few Vans so they borrowed them from the Sacramento Campus. Well now those vans are in the Gulf and are going to be driven to Orange, TX which is right on the boarder of Texas and Louisiana and then they will be picked up by a few STL (Support Team Leaders) and taken here to Austin in which they will be driven back to Sacramento. Since my team has 6 drivers we are one of the lucky teams that gets to drive it back. So.... pretty much each person will get a bench to themselves in the van except for a few cause we will be loading all our cargo into them. So everyone was pretty excited about that!!

As for ISP (Individual Service Projects) side note... I feel like i should make a glossary of all the acronyms that I use in my blog entries lol anyways.... We did an ISP last Sunday helping with the blue dog rescue. They were having a photo shoot thing that people could bring in their dogs and have their picture taken with Santa and so we helped set everything up and helped dressed the dogs along with man the registration table and help with clean up afterward. It was really fun and there was this puppy that was up for adoption that we got to play with his name was PeeJay but he answered to Mr. Pigs, piggy, or pigman but he was adorable.

I just realized I haven't blogged since I went back to Galveston to see more devastation... So I'll post some pictures. The experience of going back was very powerful especially since I just discovered yesterday that on Google Map I don't know if you have every looked at the street view but you can actually see the houses and stuff. Well they were taken before the hurricane happened so i was looking on there and looking at before and after shots which makes the whole thing very emotional.

Well thats all I got... Stay tuned to find out where I'm headed next!!

Yes a Rose Blooming in DECEMBER!!




My Team at Blue Dog Rescue!!
Piggy and Mer
Matt and Molly Picking out Christmas Tree Ornaments
Part of my Team putting up the Tree and playing with Mr. Pigs
A Christmas Photo downtown with some new friends on Blue 5 and a Denver Team.

No comments: