So I'm back in Sacramento now. The flight here was just as stressful as the flight home. I got delayed in Grand Rapids 45mins which turned into us not knowing if we were going to take off because of a leak in the cargo area but then finally taking off an hour after we were suppose to. My lay over was only 50mins so thankfully we made up some time in the air. But my plane landed 5mins before my next one was suppose to take off. So even though i never thought I would be one of those people running through the airport it came true... I sprinted and caught my next flight while they were doing the last call and only two more people were in line to get on the plane. But then we continued to sit in the airplane waiting for the pilot to get int which was another 20mins. When we finally pulled away from the gate we had to get in line to get de iced and it ended up to be another hour and half of taxiing. So that made me miss the last shuttle that AmeriCorps was offering at the Sacramento Airport but thankfully there was a Team Leader on my flight and she had called another Team leader before we left Minneapolis to pick us up! So by the time I got back to Campus it was 1:45am (4:45am Michigan Time) needless to say I was ready to crash!!
So Sunday I just chilled around Campus and greeted everyone from my team as they came back onto Campus. Monday we had a community Meeting with all the teams that were not in the Gulf and our team then got together did some paperwork for our next project and made sock puppets for our briefing which we did in a form of a puppet show. Some of us had some team position meetings to go to and the rest of us (me) got to sit around and chill. Our team went out to dinner for Indian food which was really good but since it was a buffet we all ate too much and the majority of us got stomach aches from it. I ended up goign to bed at like 8:30pm cause I was so tired!! I've got to get use to this time change but I'm trying to make myself stay up so that I get use to it.
Today I ended up waking up first at 4am because I went to bed so early plus it would be 7am my time which isn't too early but i forced myself to fall back to sleep until 6am. Me and my roomate then got up and got breakfast and I got ready for our breifing which went really well. I hate talking in front of people so the fact that I could hide behind a puppet was awesome!! :D So that brings me to right now which i'm sitting in a coffee shop downtown with Josie, Merilee, Jen, and Marissa. We start work tomorrow which most of us are pretty excited about. I think some of us are a little worried about it but hopefully it will all work out. I think most of our day tomorrow will be training with the principal and stuff I don't know how much of it will be actually working with the kids but we will find out tomorrow!! YEAH!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment