Saturday, December 13, 2008

Drum Roll Please......

I am headed to SACRAMENTO, CA!! lol BUT... My next project will be working in Larchmont Elementary School. I'm super excited! We will be working with K - 6th graders. We get to pick whatever grade we want to work with the most but we will basically be teachers aids. We will be involved with recess games and also after school programs. I'm so excited! Our project will be 6 weeks long and we will be staying on campus in Sacramento which is exciting too cause we will have a full kitchen so we can actually make real food. I haven't decided what age group I want to help out with but right now i'm thinking like kindergarden/1st grade.

So yesturday was my last day of work at FEMA. Today I'm just chillin around the hotel, I'm probably going to start packing. Tomorrow most of my team is running a 5k here in Austin, its called the Jingle Bell run and so many of us have knee high socks that are either red and white striped or green and white so it should be super fun. Sunday night my team is going out for a team dinner and then we are going to this park that is holding a trail of lights, there will be music, lots of christmas lights and decorations and it should be a good time. Then Monday we have outprocessing and then we leave right after that to head back to Sacramento. We will get back on Campus on Thursday and Friday morning we have our debrief Then Saturday afternoon I leave to fly HOME!!! AHH!!

No comments: