So its Friday!! I've been sick the past week so having this Friday is amazing!! Monday was MLK day which I'm sure you all were aware of and to celebrate we did a service project at a school downtown. We all got to lead a group of people ranging from 5-15 volunteers. My job was to lead a group of people painting the United States Map on the playground. It was lost of fun and it looked amazing afterwards. I wish I would have been able to see the kids reactions when they came back to school. Other things that we did around the school was paint shapes on the playground that will later have frequency words in them (a, and, the... those kind of words), we repainted dodge ball circles and hopscotch lines, clean out the boiler room, organize classrooms, build shelving units, and whatever else they had for us to do. I wasn't feeling very good and towards the end of the day i was burned out and was getting dizzy so I ended up not participating in PT in the afternoon and just laying down. Tuesday was inauguration day and I really wanted to take a sick day because I felt like absolute crap. however I didn't want it to seem like i was taking it watch the inauguration, so I went to school but after watching the inauguration in school, Tara, who wasn't feeling the best either decided she was going to head back to campus. She then turned to me and could tell i felt like crap and said you want to head back too and i was like yeah! So I ended up sleeping 5 1/2 hours and was feeling a little better after that. Tuesday night Tara and I went to Walgreen's and got sinus medicine and wed I felt a little better but today was the first day I actually feel like I'm all the way better except for some chest congestion. It stinks being sick! Now two girls from my team stayed home today sick including my roommate... oops probably passed that along to her! I guess that's what you get when your working with kids and living in close quarters!
This weekend we have an ISP played... we will be volunteering at a polar bear plunge, yes a polar bear plunge in California... just doesn't seem right! lol But they have a pool which I'm guessing is an outside pool and parents and their kids will be jumping into it and taking pictures with a dressed up polar bear and what not so that should be fun! Sunday we don't really have anything planned it will probably be a really chill day! I hope all is well at the home front! Take Care!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment