So after 5 days of traveling in a Van I have finally found myself in Hattiesburg, MS. We are living in a house with three bedrooms and two baths. It is in the middle of a cute neighborhood and we have a nosy older neighbor. :D Today I went for a run and almost died from the humidity... it is about 75 degrees and has been off and on rainy all day. We start work tomorrow and will start out with probably some orientation of the business that we will be working for and tool orientation. I'm pretty excited just to get down to work, I think drywalling will be lots of fun! At least I'm hoping so! :D
I realized I never wrote about my spring break! It was pretty chill... I spent all day on Friday well 7hours of it doing an ISP for a non profit farm, we just loaded up a dumpster full of sticks and logs that needed to be chipped... the air quality is so bad in Sacramento, that makes it so they can't have burn piles. Thus they need to put all the wood in dumpsters... kinda stinks but oh well. I spent friday night at a hotel with my roomate from CTI, she is home in new York now on medical leave, but will mostlikly not come back. But who knows... On Saturday I chilled out. Sunday was Easter and I went to church in the morning and then the afternoon was spent at one of the teachers from our education project's house. It was an amazing afternoon, she had tons of great food and it was about 7 random people from AmeriCorps that went with me... I love meeting people randomly like that... making friends over free food, got to love it! :D After eating lunch we watched a movie at the teachers house and just chilled outside by her pool, it was an awesome day. On our way home we decided we didn't want to go back to campus so we ended up going to this playground next to the airospace museum and watched the sunset it was great. The night didn't end there... we decided we wanted to dye eggs considering it was Easter so we went to rite aid and got a dying kit and tada we had some fun dying eggs! :D Monday I spent the morning packing for Hattiesburg and just chilled around campus... and Tuesday we started our treck down to the gulf! Now i've got to spend the rest of my internet time catching up on things! Have a good one!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment