So Friday was our last day at the school... it was no fun! To start it out Thursday night I was writting a letter to girl that I have worked one on one with a lot and I just wanted her to know how special she is and that she is Smart no matter what anyone says and I started bawling. So I was like great tomorrow is going to be horrible. Well I walked into the school and got all teared up... man! So I held it together until the end of the day but on Fridays we have Friday Sing. So our team made a slide show and decided we were going to sing Lean on Me while I played my guitar, which turned out really good but that started the tears and let me tell you once they start they just don't stop! So then the schools tradition is to play this one goodbye song and all the teachers come up and give hugs and say goodbye well I just started bawling. The teachers at that school are Amazing people and I'm really gonna miss them!! Then came the hardest part the kids then came up and started hugging us... a ton of the kids were all crying too which made it soo much harder! Then the girl that I've been working with came up to me and gave me this huge hug and didn't let go, so as i'm hugging all the rest of the kids I have her wrapped around my stomach! :) She kept tell me "Amanda I have your number stop crying its alright I'll call you!" which was halarious. I tried to tell her that I had written a letter to her and that I had slipped it in her backpack but i got so choked up she was like "what you say?" lol oh man! I'm gonna miss that girl! Hopefully over our spring break I can go back and visit I just don't want to step on any toes cause there is a new team going to that school! Hopefuly it will be alright!
Anyways.... Thursday morning we leave for Oregon! Monday we have PT at 6am, a community meeting with all the teams on campus, our debriefing, tuesday we have some team position trainings, and our breifing. We are also meeing with the team that was in Oregon last for some Q&A. Then I think Wed will be pretty much packing all day and Thursday we leave early in the morning because we need to make it to Oregon by 6pm to meet with our sponsers. It is suppose to take us about 9hours i think so it will probably take us about 12 with all the stops and everything. I'm getting super pumped!! I however have to get going.. I've got to take a shower before church! I will keep yal updated as much as I can... we unfourtantly will not have internet all the time so my blogs will be few and far between but as much as I can I will try to post something!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment