As I lay here in my bed in New Orleans several things go through my head...
First of all, from this date I have one month left in AmeriCorps... What is life going to be like afterward? As much as I wish to be home I also wish to stay with my new found friends... Ultimately I need to concentrate on enjoying these last few weeks with the friends i have made! I've been missing home a lot lately, i miss all my friends, family and just Michigan, my mom is spending the next two weeks in the U.P. and this is the first time since i was born that I've missed going up there!! :(
Second of all, I'm hoping I'm not going to get sick... A new group of 40 volunteers moved into our housing and they brought a stomach virus with them... 11 of their members have it and 5 of our members have it. YUCK!! I also had an accident involving jumping over a fire and ending up falling into it and getting a 2nd degree burn on my shin and 1st and 2nd degree burns on my forearm... one of those its fun until someone gets hurt! So I've got to keep it loosely covered, clean and dry... Kinda hard to do on a construction site that the heat index is above 100degrees every day!
Third of all, I'm loving this project!! Last week I worked on window trim and corner trim most of the week. I still can't get over the fact that I'm working back here on the west bank but its has been a blast! I love getting and working with the different volunteers. On Saturday we had a group of about 20 friends who go to LSU who just wanted to come out for the day and work... I thought that was so great! I'm super excited for Ali and Chelsea to come down on the 5th of July for the last week I'm here!! I can't wait to see them and work with them for a week!! :D
That's mostly all that is on my mind today... I'll see you all in a month!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment