So I'm back at the coffee shop... I've realized how lazy I am in my off time... To walk a mile into town to check the internet is too much walking for me :D But really after a full days of work who really wants to walk a mile down hill and a mile uphill just to get internet :D So thus I only get here on weekends!
So this week was full of grading, weeding, pruning, planting, riding around on the gators, and playing in the mud... I mean trail building. :) We started out the week with working on this project that they thought would take us all week which it only took us two days to do! We are good workers! We had to grade this area along the road up to the resort to get it ready for 60 trees that will be planted there this week. A few of us also dug some trenches and I got to dig a hole for a irrigation box to go. Then on Wed we started finish up this trail the team before us had started... you have to dig down about 3-4inchs and get rid of all the dirt and then fill that all in with mulch. So we spent two days on that... the second day (Thursday) it rained all day, so we got to use our rain gear and play in the mud all day. If any of you really know me... you will know how much i love getting dirty... so you can only imagine how dirty I was after work :D Fun times!! So then on Friday I spent most of the day driving the gator around bringing dumps of compost and burnable plant material to the dump area. Those gators are so much FUN!! I also did some pruning... there is quite a bit of oriental grass that needs to be cut down for new growth. It seems weird that they are doing that now cause back home we have to cut it before the snow come but they don't get snow here really so they do it in March!
So that was my week... now I've been thinking this weekend of what I'm going to do after AmeriCorps. Originally I was thinking that I would be a team leader next year cause I love AmeriCorps so much... but I've had quite an issue with getting frustrated with people and what not and I don't think I'm quite ready to be a team leader yet... maybe in a couple years. So now I have to decided if I want to go back to school... which I really don't want to... I'm just not a student! I want to be outside helping people and doing stuff with my hands. So I'm looking into either the conservation corps or AmeriCorps Habitat for Humanity.... So I'll keep all of you posted on what happens! If and when I go back to school... I'm thinking about probably getting my education degree and then doing like outdoor education! So who knows! The rest of today will be looking up options! Have a GOOD one!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment